Friday, April 17, 2015

Interview Essay

Interview Essay

My dad inspires me.  He taught me to do things right the first time.  My dad is 39 years old and has lived in O’Neill ever since he was 8 years old.  He is a graduate of St.Mary’s and has lived here ever since.  He works for my grandpa and himself too.
My dad, Jeff has done a lot for our family and I’m grateful that he is my father.  He was born in Cambridge, Nebraska on October 31, 1975.  He lived in Atkinson, Nebraska until 1983.  In 1983 my grandmother bought a flower shop in town, which is now Sunrise Floral.  When my grandparents  moved here they rented houses until they finally came to the conclusion to buy the house they still occupy today.  My dad’s best friend, Aaron Walters lived about a 1/4 mile down the road from where they live.  They would go hunting, ride four wheelers, bikes, street bikes and many more things.  They practically grew up with each other.  To this day Aaron’s parents still own the same house and so does my grandparents.  Aaron still lives here too.  My dad, Aaron, and I go target shooting and hang out.  My dad graduated in 1994.
My dad works at AJ Feeders Supply which is owned by my grandpa.  My dad dispatches 2 trucks and also drives a truck for himself.  He hauls grain, potatoes, popcorn, cattle, and shortly he will be hauling rock.  He decided to work there because my grandpa needed help.  My dad started working their in 1997.  He has been working there for 18 years and is still.   
The lesson my dad has learned in life is don’t live in the past and learn from your mistakes.  My dad taught me to work hard and do things right the first time.  My dad is most proud of his family and we love him too.  If my dad could change one thing in life it would be that he took the chances or if he could go back and do the things he passed up on.

My dad inspires me the most because he works hard and supports his family.  Just like I will too someday.  Things wouldn’t be the same without my dad, because he takes me shooting, hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, jeeping, and he does fun things with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment